Dates: 25-26 March 2023
Next year’s Festival is one of the first in the 2023 calendar of Walking events- so get the boots dusted off early in the new year
Choose from the walk options below to plan your outdoor weekend. Please choose a grade and length of walk that suits your experience and interest.
Saturday Moderate Walk ‘Migration & the Muintir Looney’- The Robber’s Table & Gortin Lakes 7km
Saturday Challenging Walk:
‘Spirits in the Glens- a living Geology’ Mullaghcarn 12k
Sunday Moderate Walk: ‘The Ecology of the Mourne Valley’- Tattynure to Bessy Bell 9km
Sunday Challenging Walk:
‘Written in Stone- the vernacular landscape’
Sloughan Glen & Bollaght Mt 12km
This Walking Weekend is kindly supported by Fermanagh Omagh District Council and the Sperrins Partnership
Important information about the walking tour:
- Please note no dogs are permitted on all walks due to farm animals being in close proximity to routes.
- Please arrive on time and come prepared for your choice of Walk. Where relevant a bus will be provided to transport you to and from your walk route and we ask you to leave your car at registration.
- If you have not already done so online, you will be asked to complete Participant form on arrival by Far and Wild staff which will included consents for First Aid treatment etc
For Challenging and Moderate Walks please bring/wear:
- Hiking boots; appropriate outdoor clothing; rainwear; packed lunch; sufficient water. Gaiters and walking poles are optional but advised.
For Easy Walks please bring:
- Footwear that can handle uneven terrain; rainwear; packed lunch; sufficient water
Registration venue/s to be confirmed. Registration will commence at these times on both Saturday and Sunday:
- Challenging Walk 9am
- Moderate Walk 10am
Refreshments will be served after the walks. Please stay around afterwards for some music and craic at the venue/s.